The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having intelligence.
- adj. Having a high degree of intelligence; mentally acute.
- adj. Showing sound judgment and rationality: an intelligent decision; an intelligent solution to the problem.
- adj. Appealing to the intellect; intellectual: a film with witty and intelligent dialogue.
- adj. Computer Science Having certain data storage and processing capabilities: an intelligent terminal; intelligent peripherals.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of high or especially quick cognitive capacity, bright.
- adj. Well thought-out, well considered.
- adj. Characterized by thoughtful interaction.
- adj. Having the same level of brain power as mankind.
the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Endowed with the faculty of understanding or reason.
- adj. Possessed of a high level of intelligence, education, or judgment; knowing; sensible; skilled; exhibiting high intelligence
- adj. Cognizant; aware; communicative.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the faculty of understanding; capable of comprehending facts or ideas: as, man is an intelligent being.
- Having an active intellect; possessing aptitude or skill; well informed: as, an intelligent artisan or officer.
- Marked by or indicating intelligence; guided by knowledge or comprehension: as, the intelligent actions of ants; an intelligent answer.
- Having knowledge; cognizant: followed by of.
- Bearing intelligence; giving information; communicative.
- Synonyms Common-sense, etc. (see sensible); quick, bright, acute, discerning, sharp-witted, clear-headed.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exercising or showing good judgment
- adj. endowed with the capacity to reason
- adj. having the capacity for thought and reason especially to a high degree
- adj. possessing sound knowledge
" Replacing God with the term intelligent designer makes no difference as the history of ID shows that this designer is simply God. "