The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of the nature of a spectacle; impressive or sensational.
- n. Something that is spectacular, as:
- n. A single dramatic production of unusual length or lavishness.
- n. An elaborate display.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Amazing or worthy of special notice
- adj. Related to, or having the character of, a spectacle or entertainment
- adj. Relating to spectacles, or glasses for the eyes.
- n. A spectacular display.
the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a shows; of the nature of a show.
- adj. Adapted to excite wonder and admiration by a display of pomp or of scenic effects
- adj. Pertaining to spectacles, or glasses for the eyes.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of a show or spectacle; marked or characterized by great display: as, a spectacular drama.
- Pertaining to spectacles or glasses for assisting vision.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sensational in appearance or thrilling in effect
- adj. characteristic of spectacles or drama
- adj. having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
- n. a lavishly produced performance
" Another of what she calls her "spectacular failures" was a recent project for the Louvre in Paris. "