The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book of blank pages for notes.
- n. A light, portable computer that is generally thinner than a laptop.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are written.
- n. notebook computer, a class of laptop computer.
the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book in which notes or memorandums are written.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are or may be entered.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered; a bill-book.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small compact portable computer
- n. a book with blank pages for recording notes or memoranda
" This extra heat is actually the reason why a lot of manufacturers push the term notebook over laptop - having two massively complex chips running all the time means that the form factor is not ideal to use on one's lap. "