The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- ad. Music In a grand and noble style. Used chiefly as a direction.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a grand and noble style
- n. A passage having this mark
- ad. played in this style
- adj. describing a passage having this mark
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Grand: in music, a word indicating passages to be so rendered.
" Feel free to call yourself Lisbon for six bass bounding bangers and morph into a louco-dança-mestre screaming "grandioso" throughout. "