Acceptable For Game Play - US & UK word lists

This word is acceptable for play in the US & UK dictionaries that are being used in the following games:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
  • n. A set of keys, as on a computer terminal, word processor, typewriter, or piano.
  • n. Music A piano.
  • n. Music Any of various instruments, played by means of a set of pianolike keys, often connected to a synthesizer or amplifier.
  • v. To set (copy) by means of a keyed typesetting machine: keyboard a manuscript.
  • v. To enter (text or data) into a computer by means of a keyboard.
  • v. Music To play (a composition) on a piano or keyboard.
  • Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
  • n. A set of keys used to operate a typewriter, computer etc.
  • n. A component of many instruments including the piano, organ, and harpsichord consisting of usually black and white keys that cause different tones to be produced when struck.
  • n. A device with keys of a musical keyboard, used to control electronic sound-producing devices which may be built into or separate from the keyboard device.
  • v. To type on a computer keyboard.
  • the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
  • n. The whole arrangement, or one range, of the keys{3} of an organ, piano, typewriter, etc.; that part of a device containing the keys{3} used to operate it.
  • The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
  • n. In the organ, pianoforte, and similar instruments, as the harpsichord, clavichord, etc., the series or horizontal row of finger-levers or digitals (usually called keys), by depressing which the performer causes the pipes, strings, or reeds to produce tonos.
  • n. Pedal keyboards in the organ are called radiating when the keys are made to converge somewhat below the player's seat, like the ribs of a fan, and concave when the general level of the inner keys is lower than that of the outer ones. In the best organs the pedal keyboard is both concave and radiating.
  • n. The set of keys for operating the letters of a type-writing or type-settingmachine.
  • WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
  • n. device consisting of a set of keys on a piano or organ or typewriter or typesetting machine or computer or the like
  • n. holder consisting of an arrangement of hooks on which keys or locks can be hung
  • Verb Form
    Words that are more generic or abstract
    Cross Reference
    Words with the same meaning
    Words with the same terminal sound
    Same Context
    Words that are found in similar contexts
    keypad    interface    printer    computer    controller    monitor    PC    terminal    menu    panel