The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or expressing dignity.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. respectable
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of dignify.
the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked with dignity; stately.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exalted; honored; invested with dignity: as, the dignified clergy.
- Marked with dignity; noble; grave or stately: as, dignified conduct or manner.
- Synonyms Elevated, majestic, imposing, august, lofty, grave.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or expressing dignity; especially formality or stateliness in bearing or appearance
- adj. having or showing self-esteem
" You certainly bring new meaning to the term dignified burial. "