The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dignified and impressive, as in size or proportions. See Synonyms at grand.
- adj. Majestic; lofty.
- ad. In a ceremonious or imposing manner.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of people: regal, dignified; worthy of respect.
- adj. Of movement: dignified; deliberate, unhurried.
- adj. Imposing; grand, impressive.
- ad. In a stately manner.
the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Evincing state or dignity; lofty; majestic; grand.
- ad. Majestically; loftily.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Grand, lofty, or majestic in proportions, bearing, manner, or the like; dignified; elevated: applied to persons or to things.
- Synonyms August, etc. (see majestic), imperial, princely, royal, palatial, pompous, ceremonious, formal.
- In a stately manner.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of size and dignity suggestive of a statue
- adj. refined or imposing in manner or appearance; befitting a royal court
- adj. impressive in appearance
" Upstairs in stately Norris Hall, sits a room full of my current office setup. 40 plus Mac Pro towers adorned with 22 inch Cintiqs. "